Yesterday after we ate at the Shrimp Basket, we headed to the outlets for a little shopping, courtesy of dad. One million stores later, all I had was 1 pair of jeans, a hungry belly, and at our last stop of Target before we hit Bruster's Ice Cream (my fave is Chocolate Lover's Trash), I discovered I had lost my cell phone. Good gracious, I cannot seem to keep it together. But, we went back to the Gap and there it was - still in my dressing room! Yay! On to Bruster's!
This morning we got up and went to the pool - not a cloud in the sky, then headed to San Roc Deli. I did a little shopping and got a dress for my cousin's rehearsal dinner in October and some earrings. And now here I sit updating the blog for you! After this, I will retire to the balcony for some reading and then hit the pool once more before my Dad and Becky arrive.
Onto the second installment of Home Improvements. When we moved in, I thought it made perfect sense to start three projects at one time. Seriously. I thought I was being smart. I was wrong. We started the kitchen, the Master and the Master Bath all at the same time. I am ridiculous.
The Master Bath started out with 90's gigantic magnolia wallpaper and boy did we have problems taking that crap down. We have since decided to ALWAYS paint over wallpaper. We removed 3 rooms of popcorn ceilings upstairs and decided to hire out for the rest - a special thanks now goes out to our Hispanic handy-man, Moses - not to mention my Mom and Jason's parents.
We also removed the huge contractor's mirror above the sink and replaced all of the lighting. Jason and his Dad replaced the shower door and after some help from a plumber, we had new bath fixtures in the shower. Jason also laid the floor - which are individual stick on tiles for now.
Here is another view of the picture project I did. If you want more info, let me know. The shower is behind the open door. The toilet is next to the shower, behind a wall and our whirlpool bathtub (which I never use) is behind the half wall you can see in this pic.
Below is the Master Bedroom. The walls were yellow with the popcorn ceiling again and an old white fan. Jason's parents actually painted this for us while we were gone on our 1 year anniversary trip to Savannah last year. We got new bedroom furniture in June (glory to God for a King-sized bed. Life. Changing.), and Jason installed the new fan. We will get all new carpeting upstairs sometime in the next 6 months. Sorry that this pic isn't better. I will try and add a better one when we get home...
Bye for now!
No comments:
Post a Comment