Some background: we've been in our house 1 year and 3 months. Before we moved, Jason and I talked extensively on how long we thought it would take get this fixer-upper fixed. We decided on 2 years, since, as I have mentioned before, we are trying to do everything we can with cash. So far, we've done pretty well with that schedule.
Below is our nearly complete kitchen. We replaced the tiny white contractors' cabinets with cherry one's installed by Jason, his dad, and our Uncle Joe. My favorite feature: two pot drawers. We also replaced the white appliances with stainless and ripped the laminate of the walls - yes I said WALLS) and replaced it with lovely slate tile, which we hired out to have installed. The countertops are laminate, but high gloss, which I think makes them look like granite. The old gross island died and we bought a cool stainless restaurant prep table to replace it. All that we have left: lighting and a new dining table. I forgot to take a pic from the inside of the kitchen area to the eating area...
Here is a close-up of the countertop, backsplash and cabinet color.
Later: new paint, and master changes.
2 comments:
Wow, Aby! This looks fantastic! I'm dying to get new countertops, but we haven't made a final decision just yet. The laminate looks really good, though!
Thank you very much! Let me know what you decide!
Post a Comment