Friday, August 29, 2008

Should We Stay or Should We Go?

Well, after much debate about leaving the Beach early, we have decided to stay.

My Dad and Becky left this afternoon and we had a very good time eating and laughing with them as always. We ate at Cosmo's for lunch, which always makes our must-eat list when we come down here - it's so good.

Before we went and ate, Jason and I laid out this morning (Jason would probably like me to say he was "reading."). After lunch, we read and I finished my second book in 3 days. So far I beating Jason.

Tomorrow (you may not be aware) marks the glorious start of Auburn football. Now if you know me, you know that I really could not care less about this, so I will have to find some way to entertain myself tomorrow night. I told Jason what I was typing and he said, "Tomorrow night? more like the next three months." Thanks sweetie.

Back to the updates on the house. A week and a half ago, our precious Bob had an accident in our house if you know what I mean. So we went ahead with the renovating on the main level sooner than we thought. We're in the market for some good laminate for the floors. So we had painters ( again, thank you Moses) come and paint the Den and the Hallway/Foyer that runs the gamut from the entrance of our house up the stairs to the third floor (we have a finished basement - not a mansion).

So here are the pics. The one of the den just shows the furniture and a few accessories back in, I haven't put the room back together yet. You can't see Bob's couch - the bane of my existence- in this pic and I am pretty glad about it - it's behind me. When you have a 160 pound dog I guess he needs his own couch.



And here is the foyer/hallway. We do plan on replacing the carpeted stairs with wooden ones...
Please also ignore the ridiculous light to the right - it will also be replaced. I plan on also repainting the hand rails high gloss black and replacing the rather country looking spindles with simpler white ones.


And here's our wedding portrait at the top of the stairs. I know this particular pic looks crazy composition wise, but I am trying to show the paint color.



The color in the Den and Foyer/Hallway are just about 1 shade apart, maybe a shade and a half, so they blend very nicely with each other.

What do we have left to do on the house? Here are the biggies: new laminate on the main level, painting the Library (formerly the dining room - thanks Mom) and the half bath, removing two atrocious mid-wall borders from the two guest rooms, painting the two guest rooms, overhauling the guest bath, recarpeting upstairs, new front door, and painting the entire exterior of the house. And then there's the basement - it's in fairly good shape, but I can't quite even get myself there yet.

Pray for us!

4 comments:

Dad said...

We enjoyed your visit. I love you very much and pray for your continued happiness.
Love
Dad

Beth Gregory said...

When can you come help me decorate my house! You guys have done a great job!

Aby said...

I love you too Dad.

And Beth - yes! for a small price of course...j/k!

Knierim said...

Wow! I'm impressed. Everything looks great.