Thursday, March 6, 2008

House News


When you get married, (or when I got married) you feel like you should have everything in your house already. Like, somehow your parents automatically got all of their nice furniture at one time, while in reality, they spent years collecting furniture, decor, rugs, etc. I want everything now, right this second. But thanks to the fact that debt scares the heck out of me and the fact that I married an amazingly practical man, we have been waiting until we actually have the money before we purchased any new furniture for the house - although that makes perfect sense - it's been hard to wait!

On Saturday we will be purchasing a new couch, chair, ottoman, bed, mattresses, 1 side table and maybe a dresser and nightstands. To the left are some pics. Yes, I know - I am extremely proud. And as Dave Ramsey says - We are blessed more than we deserve.

Also in house news: we had the rest of the popcorn ceilings scraped by a couple of guys last week AND they installed our new slate kitchen backsplash. It looks amazing! Thank you Lord for your creative eye!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the furniture!!

Aby said...

me too! We got the sofa and the chair and ottoman on Saturday,but had to order the rest...

Alisa Kelleen said...

i like that you read my blog. so i decided to check out yours! may i say, dave ramsey is the way to go-albeit, the difficult way to go. i want new pieces for our little place as well...actually i want to move out of our little place into a house, but all in good time.

congrats on your new furniture! i absolutely love it!