Monday, December 17, 2007

Savannah!


Sadly, we're back from Savannah! We had such a great time - I didn't want to come back to work this morning - but oh well! The weather was perfect for walking around, which is what we did the entire time! Savannah is a cross between SoHo and New Orleans. There are tons of little boutiques and cool places to eat and to discover all around you and most everything is within walking distance. A quick run-down of our favorite thing to do on trips: food - B and D Burgers, The Lady and Sons, Elizabeth's on 37th and Vinnie Van Go- Go's. If you ever decide to go, just ask - I know the best places to eat!

And of course, everything was decorated for Christmas - on the street where we stayed - Broughton Street - it looked exactly like Little Italy in New York with lights and decor strung across the streets. I unknowingly booked us to stay on Broughton Street which also has the best shopping in Savannah. Woops!

Also, to my dismay, my hope of somehow catching a glimpse of Paula on the streets of Savannah, were dashed to the ground as I saw her on QVC the night before in Atlanta. Boo! Yes, the Lady and Sons was delicious, although we agreed we should've eaten there first instead of last because we were a little sick of eating at that point!

All in all - it was great, the weather was warm and we had enough time for me to squeeze in the premiere of Snowglobe on ABC Family! And to top it all off, when we got home yesterday, Jason's parents had painted our bedroom - I definitely almost cried.

No comments: