Well I made it. Last Friday my mom and I headed to my cousin Maurie's baby shower in my beloved home state of Mississippi, sans Parker and Jason. My first night away from my little sweet P. Tear.
It was basically fantastic. Family, friends, food and fun. Ahhh the four F's. And you know how I feel about my Mississippi. If you don't remember, check it out here. For those of you that I missed this time, don't worry, we'll likely be back in the spring to see the latest addition to the Hartel family and for Parker to see everyone as well. I did get to see my childhood friend Abby, her son Tripp and her mom, Beverly. It was so much fun to giggle and catch up and be mischevious like the olden days. Sorry we missed you Charlie!
Also, perhaps you're wondering if I had a Tiger sighting while I was in the Burg. Nope. But I can tell you he's probably there. Having my degree in PR, I would've sent my client there. But they did underestimate the southern word-of-mouth or gossip - whichever you prefer.
In Parker news, aside from solving complex calculus equations, being courted by several colleges for his superb athleticism and winning the national heavyweight title, he's got 2 teeth and is more and more lovable every single day. He's out of his baby tub and he jibber jabbers when he gets tired. Miraculously, he started saying Da Da while I was away...hmmmm, wonder how that happened?! PS, he's 7 and half months old and is now in 24 month clothes.
We'll be headed to Fairhope to visit Paw Paw Mike and Noni next weekend. And I am getting the benadryl ready for the road trip. For Parker. Not for me. Well maybe for me too...
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We are ready for the 3 of you!
Dad and Noni
Post a Comment