Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Happenings: the Latest and the Greatest

I wish I was as good at saran wrapping as my mother-in-law. It's like she's got one of those amazing machines that vacuum packs your food. I was reminded of this when I was preparing The One-Dish Blackberry French Toast recipe on p. 168 in November's Southern Living. Trust me, it is stinking fantastic. It will be my dish du jour for my friend Christy's baby shower and I had to "test" make it, of course. DELISH - and super easy. If you want the recipe, let me know.

I washed my cell phone again in an unfortunate sweet P poo incident. But luckily, it was our way out of the ridiculousness known as at&t. I would like to say they are as bad as Charter. So, welcome, verizon, it's nice to see you. Here's my new phone (free from Best Buy).

My friend, Liz talked about having Holidayitis and I completely agree. I would've decorated 2 weeks ago if the stuff wasn't above P's room in the attic.

In other news, I am making P's baby food to save money and it's been really fantastic so far thanks to the encouragement of friends, family, this handy tool, Super Baby Food and Wholesome Baby Food. P will be 6 months old at the beginning of December...so hard to believe. I'll let you know his stats then!

Happy Early Thanksgiving everyone!

No comments: