We just got back from our 2 month (9 weeks) doc appt and here are the stats:
Weight: 15 lbs 7 oz (97th percentile)
Length: 24 1/2" (90th percentile)
Head: 42 cm (90th percentile)
So although, little man wasn't as big as I expected when he was born, he has followed in the footsteps of both of our genetic pools with his hugeness (: He received his first 5 vaccinations today and did well - cried but settled down as soon as we swaddled him in his car seat (as seen below - he is buckled in underneath the swaddle).
Speaking of swaddling, as most of you have read on FB, I tried to wean Parker off of the swaddle this week completely unsuccessfully. However, I did learn that he has no trouble whatsoever falling asleep without it, but he can't settle himself if he wakes up during his nap/night due to his flailing appendages. So for now, the swaddling continues and we'll try again possibly next month.
I wanted to stop for 2 reasons:
1) he was getting at least one arm out, sometimes two, can't get back to sleep
2) it just gets old for Jason and I because it starts the poor thing crying every single time
So its not time yet, but we have been (since yesterday) trying out a double swaddle technique that I read about here . It seems to be working, but we modified it since its summer and cut a pillowcase in half to use as a lighter blanket underneath the SwaddleMe. Last night P slept from 10pm until 6:40am (with one 10 minute cry in the middle of the night). He's been "sleeping through the night" for 3 or 4 nights a week for about 3 weeks.
I also noticed this week after keeping a log of this week's feedings (at my mom's suggestion) that he has started letting the middle of the night feeding effect the 7 am feeding, so this also makes me believe he is very close to consistently sleeping through the night. We'll see!

1 comment:
We swaddled Jackson until he was about 4 months, so don't feel bad. He seemed more comfortable that way. But then he figured out how to get out of it so we stopped. Hope everything is going well! He sure is a cutie :)
Post a Comment