Sunday, July 12, 2009

Sweet P.

All the men in my life are sleeping (Jason, Parker, and of course Bob), so I will take this opportunity for a little update. Check out my new hair! LOVE IT! Thanks Britney!

P (Parker) went to his 1 month doc appt and here are the stats:
weight: 11 lbs 15 oz. (up from 7 lbs 13 oz at birth)
length: 23 inches (up from 22 at birth)
90th percentile in head, length, and weight

He is eating every 3 hours right now, but I think he's going through another growth spurt, we we'll have to step it up for a few days. Overnight, he eats at 10 pm, sometime around 3 am or 4 am and then gets up for the day at 7. So, though being a new mom is frustrating at times, we are doing pretty well!

Man, is it hard to find time to blog (: Sometimes it's supper time and I think, what the heck did we do today!?

Parker is starting to smile some and has the very beginnings of cooing. He likes walks (he falls asleep), car rides (he falls asleep), and playing on his play gym (accidentally hits things). He no longer hates his bath, but I am not sure he likes it yet either. Mostly he's just confused and perhaps feels a little violated being out there for all of the world to see.

Here are some random thoughts:
  1. what is up with what I call the "dad phenomenon?" You leave your baby with daddy and he's perfect even though he's been fussy with you all day.
  2. I hear Parker's cries everywhere I go, even though he's fast asleep or not even with me. I'm in the shower - I think I hear him. The dishwasher's running, I think I hear him. For goodness sakes, I am outside the house at Target all by my self, and I still think think I hear him. I feel a little crazy.
  3. post-baby belly - jiggly, and that's all I am going to say about that.
  4. Btw, Jason's running water in the kitchen sink and I thought I heard Parker again - so c.r.a.z.y
  5. Sorry Bob, you're an afterthought in my life right now - he's lucky if I remember to let him out once.
Below is our first real family pic, taken by my mom, before our Sunday School party. Thanks mom! Oh and thanks to P's cousins, Callie and Reese, for the super cute outfit he is wearing!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! Please make me a copy and mail to me.
Love
dad

The Tinsleys said...

He is too precious Aby!