Monday, May 18, 2009

What a Week

Well, its been forever. I have officially been a stay-at-home wife and mom for a month. I have 2 weeks left until my due date and it's been a crazy week! The pic above is from last Monday, and I was 37 weeks. Here are some highlights from my 37th week.

On Mother's Day, another driver hit us from the back as we were stopped, waiting to turn into our neighborhood. The other driver hit us hard enough to push us from the far right lane, across the left lane and into our neighborhood. Praise God no one was coming in the left lane.

Being 37 weeks pregnant at the time, it was so scary, but Jason did an amazing job staying with me and holding my hand until the police and firetruck got there to check me out. Baby Stewart got the hiccups right afterward so that was a great relief to my mind! We did go ahead and go to Labor and Delivery to get monitored for a couple of hours and everything is fine. Here's a couple of pics of my now-crippled Montero.

We still don't know if the Montero is totaled or not. But due to the fact that our seats broke in the wreck, among other things that led us to question its safety, we felt it would be wise to go ahead and get a safer vehicle with the impending arrival of baby Stewart.

Fortunately, we already had a car fund that we started when we got married and combined with another generous gift from my Dad, and alot of prayer, we actually bought an 06 Dodge Grand Caravan with 43,000 miles on it this past Saturday. Yay! No car payments! Here she is, next to the Bob Mobile!

And lastly, here is the old man (Bob) that I spend my days with until my little man gets here.


So I am 38 weeks today, which means I have just 2 weeks left to go (hopefully), and I have asked my mom to come over and help me tie up some stuff around the house. I swear, I could get so much done around here if I weren't so pregnant!

1 comment:

The Knightens said...

Glad you guys found a mommy-mobile in time!! Birthday is right around the corner-I'm so excited for you :)