Thursday, April 16, 2009

Irrational/Emotional Thoughts of a Pregnant Woman


So much is about to happen. I am 6 weeks away from being a mom and tomorrow I leave my job here at SL. The pic is of my dept (SLR) that we took on Tuesday. This is me at 33 weeks, btw. I think I look cuter in real life than I do, so when I see a preggo pic of me, I must admit, it's slightly shocking.

Let's tackle SL first. I applied for a part-time job in the warehouse 4 years and 1 month ago online, interviewed over the phone and moved to Birmingham within a 2 week time span. So hard to believe its been 4 years! And the fact that my job has grown from part-time warehouse grunt to full-time products buyer and webstore manager. Ok products buyer, not so shocking, but webstore manager??? What the heck do I know about managing a webstore? Well nothing when I started but my supervisor Les and I figured things out as we went.

SL is an easy place to work for sure. I can wear what I want, no one is micro-managing me, it's a creative environment, and I could go on and on. Sure, because it is what I call a Binistry or a Misness - a crazy hybrid of a ministry and business - it's definitely got its quirks. But as a whole it is a completely unique place to work with completely unique people that I work with. I have been absolutely blessed to work somewhere as fun and creative as Student Life. I have been challenged to be more than I thought I could and had the best supervisor I could ask for who championed me along the way.

Moving on, as you can tell from my recent posts, I have been dying to nest and haven't been allowed to because of other projects that prevented getting everything settled. The following are conversations I have had with Jason.

Recent Irrational Thoughts:
About the recently replaced carpet upstairs: Aby: I CANNOT bring my newborn baby boy home to stains on the carpet! I just cannot do that. It is not right and gross and when people come and visit after the baby is born they will think we are filthy and our baby is filthy and our house is filthy.

About the nursery furniture: Aby: I CANNOT wait another weekend! The furniture has been down in the basement FOREVER (a month, tops.) and I CANNOT wait another weekend. It makes me feel anxious and sad and I have been so patient until now (like we could do anything before the carpet got replaced) and I know I am being selfish, but I cannot wait another day for the furniture to be moved! I need your support and I just need you to do this for me, this weekend.

About the stair spindles that had to be painted on both sides before the carpet got put down: Jason: Baby let's just wait on the other side of the spindles, get off of the stairs. Aby: But I want this done TONIGHT. I won't feel better unless we get one coat of white paint on these already whites spindles.

About the scheduling of showers: Aby: We have nothing. We have nothing for our baby boy - bottles - that's it, nothing else. What if something happens, we have nothing. He's not gonna feel safe or taken care of (like he would notice). Jason: there's gonna be a shower Aby, its ok. Aby: But what if there's not a shower and we don't have anything. I just feel so anxious about it.

I asked Jason if he could remember some other crazy things I have freaked out about and like a good husband he said he thought he wasn't supposed to remember that stuff. Good man.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

What are you talking about, silly girl? You are one of the CUTEST preggo girlies I've ever seen!

Aby said...

Thank you, Liz! One always needs to hear that!!

Anonymous said...

this is very good, especially the jason statement about not remembering! i do think you could add, "but Lord, please don't let jason have emergency storm work! i just HAVE to go to the beach before the baby!! luv the pic...