Monday, January 19, 2009

Bits of Info

Quite a few people have asked how the nursery is going to be decorated. Oh and by the way, the nursery still has to be renovated. We've got to get new carpet upstairs, remove wallpaper, and paint the nursery and bathroom before the baby is born. Yes, it could be my pregnancy hormones, but I believe it can be done.

That being said, the walls will be a funky green that I haven't found yet, but I will. I am basing them off of the bedding that I got using a super sweet gift card from my friends/vendor in Kentucky as a Christmas present. It's from Target and thanks to my sis-in-law, Jen, I got it on sale! Here is a pic of the bedding, but I will be getting a chocolate brown crib skirt instead of the one in the pic.

If you haven't read the older posts, the crib is black and is pretty fantastic. We ordered a nursery chair from Best Chairs. This pic shows a different fabric, but the one we ordered is chocolate brown with larger khaki polka dots and the same fabric for the piping.

On to the rest of life. Not much is happening right now! Like I said, there is much to do in renovating the house before the baby is born, so that's our focus. For those of you who don't already know, I won't be coming back to Student Life, so I am so looking forward to being a stay-at-home wife and mom. Other than that this baby seems to be taking over, which I've heard is normal!

Jason and I are trying to treasure these last few months being just us - not that we won't be able to be spontaneous, etc. after the baby is born, but we know things will never be the same than right now. We're going on a marriage retreat over Valentine's Day at Ross Bridge that will be so nice! And we're hoping to squeeze in one more trip to Orange Beach sometime in April before I am not supposed to travel anymore. I also need to get over to Atlanta and Hattiesburg too, so it looks like I've got a busy schedule for the next 3 and half months!

3 comments:

Matt and Lauren Knierim said...

The crib skirt that matches that bedding is on clearance right now at Target for about $4. The one in Alabaster had several today when we were there.

Aby said...

Yeah, I don't want to crib skirt that matches - I think it skews it towards being girly looking, so I have one that I have ordered from target that's brown with polka dots...also from Dwell Studio at Target. Hey but thanks for the heads-up!

Anonymous said...

Please try to stop by the Merle Norman studio at the Eastern Shore Centre in Spanish Fort whenever you go to Orange Beach. I would love to see you. It is right off of I-10. BTW I love reading your blog.