So last weekend, I went on the hunt for maternity clothes. God bless those of you who are like me - 10 weeks along and I've been in maternity clothes since I was 5 weeks. That's right 5 weeks. And thanks to a few friends (Jenna, Joni, and Beth), I am not feeling as bad about that as I previously was.
I had mostly been waiting to go shopping (I had bought 2 pairs of jeans that were on sale at Gap Maternity) for two reasons: 1) money, 2) I thought it would be fun to take a Saturday and go to the Galleria. I had visions of cuteness in my head and of course great prices.
Both were untrue and imagine my frustration when I discovered almost every piece in a chain maternity clothes store is constructed out of THAT fabric. What do I mean by THAT fabric? That weird synthetic fabric that comes in crazy patterns and black pants. I reject this fabric. It kind of makes my skin crawl.
I thought it was just me, but imagine my joy, when my sister-in-law, Jenifer (who is also preggo), started our maternity clothes discussion with, "I just hate THAT fabric." So true. I mean have these stores ever heard of COTTON?
Well, I am pleased to say that I have been rescued from said fabric due to the generosity of my sister and ladies from my Sunday School class and work. I now have a closet full of clothes I didn't have to buy (although I did finally find some cute stuff at Gap Maternity on sale and also at Target) that will get me through at least the next 3 or 4 months until I have to go up another size.
Thanks Ladies!!
P.S. My next doc's appt is November 19th - we should be able to hear the heartbeat then! Pray for us and our sweet baby!
Thursday, November 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Aw, I want to see a pic of Preggo Aby!! I'm going to keep bugging you until you start documenting your belly shots. Ha!
The belly is mostly a mass of fat right now, but I will try and post one soon...
There is just something Great about hearing you talk about that precious baby! I can't wait!
Don't feel bad, I wore maternity clothes at 6wks. I still have one pair of "fat jeans" that I can wear, but I can't sit or eat in them, haha! I've bought most of mine at Motherhood Maternity; Another option is just going up a size in regular clothes, especially tops-flowy ones. Give me a ring if you need another preggo to shop with :)
Oh, Aby---I know exactly what you are talking about!! I can't find any clothes either. I have one pair of jeans. I actually bought a couple of shirts, but, like always, I did not try them on at the store. Turns out that I hate them. So, I will be glad to take your hand-me-downs when you are done :)
That comment right up there was by Lauren...not Jenn. I thought that might be confusing--maybe not though.
Hey Abby. How are you?
I was perusing around the internet and found Liz Bice Grey's blog and saw that you commented on it and want to drop you a line as well!
Glad to hear that you're preggo/ expecting. My wife and I are the same -- but we're now about to have ours in the next could of weeks. We're having a little girl named Sarah Joy Armstrong. We're very excited about everything!
Enjoy your time with your husband with the personal time before he/she comes. My wife and I are savoring final date nights without the need of a baby sitter.
Well, hope all is well and hope to hear that all is going well.
God Bless and tell your family that I said hello.
Josh Armstrong
squashed39402@yahoo.com
Post a Comment