Thursday, October 30, 2008

6 Things That Make Me Happy

I was tagged by both Jen and Heather to write about 6 things that make me happy. Most posts that I have read are very meaningful and deep, so I will buck the system and throw in a few frivolous things that make me happy. Here we go.

1) Christmastime. I have already officially started my Christmas season as I started listening to Christmas music on my car ride home last night. Bring on Mariah Carey Christmas - hands down the best Christmas album ever. The deeper side of this would be the mysterious, miraculous, and modest birth of Jesus. The frivolous: I call this the Holy Month because it's Jesus' Birthday, my Birthday and my wedding anniversary all rolled into one month.

2) Bruster's Chocolate Lover's Trash. If you haven't had some, you should.

3) Sleeping. Seems simple, but its the most meaningful thing at this point because I am busy growing a baby.

4) My growing family. I love my sweet, strong Jason who can be completely dramatic and ridiculous - we're pretty well matched, don't you think? And I can't wait to see what this baby is! Boy or girl, I can't wait for the crazy adventure! I love my parents and I miss the crazy Howell's all the time.

5) Student Life. Right now some of you are laughing that I even typed that, but SL is an easy place to work, and I am quite aware that most businesses aren't run like this one. Today we had a cookout and a pumpkin carving contest and we're awaiting the SL Kids parade - AND I get to dress however I want. I have great bosses and enjoy almost every part of my crazy job.

6)SS Class. Oh those crazy young marrieds. It's so amazing to have a strong core group you can depend on for like maternity clothes and food (just two totally random examples).

OK, that's it. I tag Liz Grey, Rachel Bell, and Cathy Stafford!

4 comments:

Jenn Knierim said...

a good nights sleep will only become more precious to you as you get more pregnant and then have a newborn. enjoy it!! :)

Aby said...

I feel like no matter what I do, I can't get a good night's sleep right now! I stop drinking fluids by 7 and I still get up like 3 times to go to the bathroom...I hear the 2nd trimester is better, but that the 3rd is worse!! (:

Anonymous said...

We are so excited about our new addition. I predicted when you were a baby you would be a great wife and mother.(We will have to ask Jason for a progress report)
I look forward to being PAWPAW Mike for another Grandchild, however, as was pointed out to me one time I will never be you or Raegan's PAWPAW but would always be your Daddy. I could not be prouder of you two. I love you very much!
Love
Dad
P.S.I will see You Thanksgiving if I can wait that long.

Erin said...

Mariah's album IS the best!