Friday, December 5, 2008

My Birthday Cake


Ever since my sweet 16 dinner party, my mom has been making this cake for me. For those of you who are counting - that's 12 years of making this cake. But really its 11 because when my niece Callie was born we were in Atlanta and did not have the necessary tools needed for mom to build said cake.

I love this cake for three reasons:

1) its made up of a gazillion star cookies - I love stars
2) its a Christmas tree - I love Christmas
3) At my 16th dinner party (the first appearance of this glorious cake) mom dripped divinity down the sides to make it look like snow. She added candles, lit them and my cake promptly went up in flames.

I am pretty sure I still ate it. Surprise. So thanks Mom for more than a decade of this amazing cake. I love you.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I think I remember that cake! Yum!!!

Aby said...

You were definitely there at my sweet 16!